If you are looking to start wood burning, perhaps you have thought about a wood burning stove and have done some research online. You might have stumbled across a wood burning furnace, which is something you have not heard of before. What is a wood burning furnace?
How is it different from a wood burning stove? What are the benefits of a wood burning furnace and how do you choose the right one? To help you find the best wood burning furnace for you, we’ve rounded up the top products on the market, as well as what to look for when shopping.
Top 10 Wood Burning Furnace (Based on Our Research)
Our Editor’s Best Wood Burning Furnace Reviews
DOALBUN Outdoor Tent Camping Stove, Portable Wood Burning Stove for Tent, Heating Burner Stove for Camping
- This wood burning furnace is designed for portability, with foldable legs and a chimney tube that can be stored in the furnace. It also has a hook for easy ash removal.
- The wood burning furnace is made of high quality iron and high temperature plastic. It is helpful for long term use and provides warmth and heat for outdoor camping and travel spaces. The top of the stove can be disassembled with a gutter. The camping stove holes can provide enough heat. You can boil some water or even coffee, cook in a pan or enjoy a barbecue.
- This wood burning furnace has a heat output regulator to help manage the flame and burning rate. The heat-resistant glass allows you to see flames and wood anytime and anywhere. A small fan under the glass rotates to help regulate the heat output. The furnace is made with highly flame-retardant silicone fiberglass material.
- This wood-burning furnace is made with highly flame-retardant organic materials, has 7 chimney pipes with a diameter of 2.36 inches/6 cm, and can be used in bell-shaped tents with furnace pipe vents. It is suitable for heating and cooking with friends and family in winter.
- This furnace is designed for people who love spending time outdoors in colder weather. It is perfect for winter camping, backpacking, ice fishing, and hunting trips. With this furnace, you no longer have to endure cold nights in a tent.
Ashley Hearth AW3200E-P 3,200 Sq. Ft. EPA Certified Pedestal Wood Burning Stove with Blower, Black
- The wood-burning furnace has a capacity of 152,000 BTUs and can heat up to 3,200 square feet.
- The wood-burning furnace is made of heavy gauge 3/16 inch reinforced plate steel with firebrick lining for long life and combustion efficiency.
- This wood-burning furnace can take logs that are up to 18-22 inches long and can hold up to 30 lbs. of wood.
- This furnace has an adjustable high-speed blower that can move 100 CFM of air. This will help to evenly distribute the heat throughout the room.
- This wood-burning furnace has a brushed nickel door handle and a pedestal base. It is designed to provide an elegant look to any room.
VODA 4-Blade Heat Powered Stove Fan for Wood
- This wood burning furnace is powered by heat, so no batteries or electricity are required.
- The wood burning furnace efficiently circulates warm air throughout the room, providing a comfortable and inviting space.
- The wood burning furnace is designed to be more efficient in order to consume less wood.
- The wood burning furnace has an innovative and durable design. It is made of high-quality materials and is built to last. It is a great choice for those who want a reliable and efficient furnace.
- This wood burning furnace features silent operation, meaning that it won’t make any noise while it’s running.
5 Blades Heat Powered Stove Fan – PYBBO Silent Motors Wood Burning Stove Fireplace Fan Circulates Warm/Heated Air Eco Stove Fan for Gas/Pellet/Wood/Log Stoves with Magnetic Thermometer
- The wood burning furnace has five blades that provide a larger air volume to divert the warm air horizontally around your house. It also has a magnetic thermometer included to monitor the temperature of your stove.
- The wood burning furnace does not require batteries or mains electricity and instead uses a thermoelectric module to generate power for the fan’s motor. The fan base and blade are made from anodized aluminum, which is rust-proof and wear-resistant, with good thermal conductivity.
- This wood burning furnace is designed for silent operation, with a low noise output that improves warm air circulation and reduces wood consumption. It is more stable and environmentally friendly than other models.
- The wood burning furnace has a built-in safety feature that prevents the motor and electric module from overheating.
- This wood burning furnace is recommended for a surface temperature of between 140°F – 644°F (60°C – 340°C). If the fan doesn’t run in time after reaching the temperature, you should move the blade slightly (without touching it directly with your hands). The maximum temperature that the product can withstand is 350-400 degrees. Exceeding this temperature may damage the motor. You should test the temperature of the fireplace before purchase and pay attention to monitoring the temperature change during use.
Solo Stove Bonfire with Stand Portable Fire Pit Stainless Steel Fire Pits Wood Burning
- This wood burning furnace is made of all stainless steel and was designed to be very efficient and minimalist.
- The wood burning furnace has a double wall design that maximizes airflow and the burning process. Bottom vent holes allow oxygen to feed the fire from below while simultaneously channeling warm oxygen up between the walls of the stove and back into the fire.
- The wood burning furnace is more efficient because it burns the logs completely, leaving no half-burned logs to deal with. The top vents also help to burn up the little particles that would have been smoked.
- The wood burning furnace has an ash pan that catches loose ash and prevents it from clogging vital airflow. The ash pan also acts as a heat shield and reduces the heat transfer from your Bonfire to the ground beneath it.
- This wood burning furnace accessory is designed to allow the user to use the fire pit on more heat-sensitive surfaces. It provides ample airflow to help prevent damage to the surface.
Rutland Products Black, 10.3 fl oz Cartridge Furnace Cement, 10
- This wood burning furnace is great for small repairs or big rebuilds, easy to use and clean up. It is perfect for anyone who needs a reliable and efficient way to heat their home.
- This wood burning furnace is ideal for bonding and sealing metal-to-metal or metal-to-masonry joints. It has a smooth consistency that makes it easy to apply, and it dries quickly for a strong bond that will last.
- If your wood burning furnace is in need of some repair, this product is for you! It can help repair cracks and seals, reset the firebrick, and attach your stove collar. Plus, the ceramic logs add a nice touch.
- This is a wood burning furnace that can cover approximately 99 feet with a 10.3 oz. bead.
- This wood burning furnace is rated to withstand temperatures up to 2000° F (1090° C). It is made of durable materials that can withstand high temperatures.
The Woodburner Handbook
Rutland Products Rutland Stove Gasket Cement
- This cement can be used for a variety of tasks, including creating gaskets and repairing small stoves.
- This wood burning furnace adheres fiberglass stove gaskets to metal, allowing for a better seal and improved heat efficiency.
- This wood burning furnace can also repair small metal cracks or bond metal to metal. This makes it a versatile tool for anyone looking to do some metalwork at home.
- This wood burning furnace is rated to 2000°F (1090°C). It is made of durable materials and is designed for long-term use. It is a great choice for those who want a reliable and effective furnace for their home.
US Stove US1269E 900 Sq. Ft. Log Wood Cast Iron Stove
- This wood burning furnace is 54,000 BTUs and can heat up to 900 square feet. It is a non-catalytic wood burning furnace.
- The wood burning furnace has a two-piece safety handle that remains cool while the stove is burning. The heavy-duty cast iron construction provides a classic style with modern technology.
- This wood burning furnace accepts logs up to 19 inches in length.
- This wood burning furnace has an integrated 6.25-inch cooking surface on top, making it perfect for those who love to cook outdoors. It also has a large firebox that can accommodate up to 12 logs, making it perfect for those cold winter nights.
- This wood burning furnace is not approved for use in mobile or modular homes.
Wood Burning Furnace FAQs
1. What are the benefits of a wood-burning furnace?
A wood-burning furnace has many benefits. It is a very efficient way to heat your home and can save you money on your heating bill. A wood burning furnace is also very clean and does not produce any emissions.
2. What are the best types of wood to burn in a furnace?
The best types of wood to burn in a furnace are hardwoods, such as oak or maple. These woods provide more heat and last longer than softwoods, such as pine.
3. How do you operate a wood burning furnace?
There is no one answer to this question since there are many different types and models of wood burning furnaces. However, in general, most wood burning furnaces need to be filled with wood, and then the wood needs to be ignited. Once the wood is burning, the furnace will need to be monitored to make sure that the fire does not go out and that the furnace does not overheat.
4. What are the dangers of a wood burning furnace?
If the wood burning furnace is not properly maintained, it can release harmful particles into the air. These particles can cause respiratory problems, and in some cases, cancer.
5. How do you maintain a wood burning furnace?
Typically, wood burning furnaces are maintained by regularly cleaning the ash out of the firebox and making sure the flue is clear.
There are many great wood-burning furnaces on the market. Our list of the best wood-burning furnace will help you save time researching and choosing the best one for you.