What’s the best way to keep your home warm? If you have an older home with not-so-great insulation and not a lot of windows, a radiant electric heater can definitely make a dent in the chill. But if you’re lucky enough to have a newer home with lots of energy-efficient windows and insulation, you may be wondering if a radiant wood furnace is a right fit.
Radiant wood furnaces are also known as convective wood furnaces, because not only do they warm up the entire home with radiant heat, but they also heat up the room immediately surrounding the appliance.
We researched the best add on wood furnaces and how they work, how much they cost to run, and how to install them.
Top 10 Add On Wood Furnaces (Based on Our Research)
Our Editor’s Best Add On Wood Furnace Reviews
Boiler Rust Inhibitor – Wood Boiler Chemical – Boiler Chemical – 1 Gallon – Treats 250 to 500 gallons of Fresh Water
- This Boiler Rust Inhibitor is a treatment for 500 to 720 gallons of fresh water. It is designed to prevent rust and corrosion in your boiler, and keep it running smoothly.
- The add on wood furnace is designed to be used with most outdoor wood boilers. It is compatible with propylene and ethylene glycol.
- This add on wood furnace for a shopper is designed to stop boiler corrosion. It is made of stainless steel and is easy to install.
- This add on wood furnace is compatible with Iron, SSTL, Copper, Bronze, and PEX.
- The add on wood furnace for a shopper turns the water pink for product residual and leak detection. This is a great way to ensure that your product is not leaking and that you are getting the most out of your investment.
20×20 Water to Air Heat Exchanger Hot Water Coil Outdoor Wood Furnace
- This add on wood furnace has 1 copper connection.
Liberty Supply Flat Gasket Braided Fiberglass Rope 1/8″ Thick x 1″ Wide x 10′ Roll. Wood Stove Door, Arch Pan, Oil Furnace
- This add on wood furnace is rated for temperatures up to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit, or Celcius. It is designed to be used as an add on to an existing heating system, and can be used to heat a home, office, or other space.
- This is a 1/8″ thick x 1″ wide x 10 foot long roll of wood furnace add-on.
- The add on wood furnace for a shopper is a furnace that is made in the United States of America. It is a great addition to any home, and it will help to keep the home warm in the winter months.
- This add on wood furnace can be used for a variety of purposes. It is versatile and can be used for heating your home, heating water, or even cooking. It is a great addition to any home and is sure to keep you warm all winter long.
- This add on wood furnace is made of heavy duty construction and is tight wound to last.
Water to Air Heat Exchanger 18×18 1″ Copper Ports Hot Water Coil Outdoor Wood Furnace
- The heat exchanger is made of high-quality materials including a strong steel casing and 12 aluminum fins per inch. It is designed to maximize heating or cooling efficiency.
- This new style chilled water cooling coil is designed to be easily installed by slipping it into the plenum. No special tools are required for installation. The highly conductive material used in this coil provides good performance and economy for heating transfer and cooling without electricity consumption and oxygen consumption.
- The add on wood furnace for a shopper can produce up to 190,000 BTUs per hour and has 1″ copper sweat ports and 12 aluminum fins per inch. The furnace also has 3 rows of 3/8″ seamless copper tubes to help heat the air in your home.
- This add on wood furnace is perfect for anyone who wants a high level of thermal efficiency in a small and lightweight unit. It can be used for a variety of applications, including outdoor wood furnaces, residential and commercial heating and cooling, forced air heating, hybrid systems, air conditioning, dehumidification, and inverter cooling.
- If you are looking for an add on wood furnace with a great warranty, then this is the one for you! This furnace comes with a 1-year warranty to cover manufacturer defects and we provide 100% satisfaction service. So if you have any problems with the product, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Central Boiler Wood Furnace Door Seal Kit for HF60, 5648,6048
- This add on wood furnace is designed to help seal most outside wood furnaces doors. It includes one fire rope to help keep the heat in and improve efficiency.
- This add on wood furnace has a rope that is 1″ in diameter and can be used with high heat silicone for easy installation.
- The add on wood furnace for a shopper includes a tube of RTV black silicone and a braided fiberglass door seal rope.
- This add on wood furnace is designed to work with the CL 5646, CL 6048, and HF60 models.
US Stove 40263 Furnace Grate
- The US Stove Company has been making wood furnaces since 1869, so they know a thing or two about keeping people warm. This add-on wood furnace is perfect for anyone who wants to supplement their existing heating system with a little extra warmth. The unit is designed to bolt onto an existing furnace, so it’s easy to install, and it comes with a blower to help circulate the heat.
- This wood furnace is made from heavy cast iron, making it durable and long-lasting. It is designed to heat your home efficiently and evenly, and can be used to supplement your existing heating system or as a primary heat source.
- This add on wood furnace is made with genuine USSC parts, ensuring that it is of high quality and will last long.
- This is an add on wood furnace that is easy to repair. It is do-it-yourself friendly and does not require a lot of tools or experience.
- A wood grate is an accessory for a wood-burning furnace that allows air to circulate around the wood, providing better combustion and more heat.
12×18 Water to Air Heat Exchanger Hot Water Coil Outdoor Wood Furnace
- The 1″ Copper Connections wood furnace add on is for people who want to upgrade their wood furnace to include copper connections. This add on will allow you to connect your wood furnace to copper pipes, which will improve the efficiency of your furnace and help to distribute heat more evenly.
Newmac Oil & Wood Furnace Blower 115 Volt (2040001) #R7-RB33
- This add on wood furnace for a shopper is a great way to heat your home. It is easy to install and comes with a blower to help circulate the heat.
- The Newmac Wood Furnace 2040001 is an add-on wood furnace that can be used to supplement your home’s primary heating system. This furnace has a BTU rating of 80,000, meaning it is capable of heating a 2,000 square foot home. This furnace also features an automatic blower, which will help circulate the heat throughout your home.
Spring Stove Handle, Brass Finish, Furnaces, Coal/Wood/Pellet Stoves, Boilers.
- The add on wood furnace is a great choice for a shopper who wants a furnace that is cool to the touch and has high-temperature tolerance.
- This add on wood furnace is designed to fit a 1/2″ rod tightly, allowing for maximum heat transfer and efficiency.
- The add on wood furnace for a shopper has a variety of finishes to choose from, so the shopper can find the perfect look for their home.
- The wood furnace is made in the USA.
12×12 Water to Air Heat Exchanger Hot Water Coil Outdoor Wood Furnace
- This add on wood furnace has copper connections.
Add On Wood Furnace FAQs
1. What are the benefits of an add on wood furnace?
Some benefits of an add on the wood furnace are that it can save money on heating costs, it can be a source of emergency heat, and it can be used to heat a home, office, or other space.
2. How does an add on wood furnace work?
An add on wood furnace is a supplemental heating system that is installed next to an existing conventional furnace in a home. The wood furnace works by burning wood to produce heat, which is then circulated through the home by the existing furnace’s blower.
3. What are the best practices for using an add on wood furnace?
There are a few different ways to use an add on wood furnace, but the best practices include:
- Making sure the furnace is properly installed and vented
- Regularly cleaning the furnace and chimney
- Only use dry, seasoned wood
- Storing the wood in a dry place
- Building small, hot fires
- Managing the airflow to the fire
4. What are the dangers of an add on wood furnace?
The dangers of an add on the wood furnace are that it can overheat and cause a fire and that it can produce carbon monoxide gas.
5. How can I get the most out of my add on wood furnace?
There are a few ways that you can get the most out of your wood furnace:
- Make sure that you are using dry, seasoned wood. Wet wood will not burn as hot or as efficiently as dry wood, and will also produce more smoke.
- Try to maintain a consistent fire. A hot, steady fire will burn more efficiently than a fire that is constantly being stoked and allowed to die down.
- Keep the furnace clean. A clean furnace will burn hotter and more efficiently than a dirty one.
There are many great add on wood furnace on the market. Our list of the best add on wood furnaces will help you save time researching and choosing the best one for you.